Dr. Jenny Schmidt
Jenny Schmidt holds a doctorate in landscape ecology and focuses on the interfaces between ecology, landscape and agriculture, society, culture and politics. In her work, she draws on both her scientific training and knowledge of the natural and social sciences, as well as her diverse experience in communicating with actors from different cultural and social backgrounds and education. She is familiar with different forms of knowledge and can bring them together to use them. Through her teaching activities, for example at the Universities of Münster and Lüneburg, she also brings a wide range of experience in university and non-university teaching.
- Since 2019: Employee with CoKnow Consulting
- Since 2019: Lecturer at the Institute of Ecology, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany
- 2016-2018: Researcher and lecturer at the Institute of Landscape Ecology, University of Münster, Germany
- 2013-2016: Researcher at the Department of Environmental Politics, Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Leipzig, Germany
- 2007-2012: customer service specialist and quality management at Arvato direct services GmbH, Münster, Germany
- 2013-2018: PhD candidate at the Department of Environmental Politics, Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Leipzig, Germany and the Institute of Landscape Ecology, University of Münster, Germany. Title of PhD-thesis: "Green infrastructure – creating habitats with agriculture"
- 2008-2012: Scientific research stays in South Africa
- 2000-2012: Studies of Landscape Ecology, political science and social geography at the University of Münster, Germany